Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome to My Photo Diary

In this space I'll be sharing thoughts on my photoshoots, what goes into them, and a little bit about the process of mixing this endeavor with my real-world job.

I've been a photographer since high school. I thought I might always be. My dream was to get a job as a photojournalist at The (Norfolk) Virginian-Pilot newspaper, and at first I did. When I started working there in 1989, I shot pictures for my stories. But soon I was told I had to stop, because there was a full staff of talented photographers in the building. The Pilot was stocked with some of the best photographic talent that has ever worked in print. Still is. So, I concentrated on storytelling, and they on the images.

Even so, I never put the camera down. Now, more than 20 years later, I still work in journalism, but for a Norfolk television station. I still shoot sometimes for work, either for our web page or for our newspaper partner The Daily Press. But mostly I shoot for fun. And that's what you will find here, on my web site www.hotshoedigital.com.

I enjoy shooting models, music and mayhem. The latter category includes things like bike races, roller derby, and my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment